2000 Suburban Trailer Brakes

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by taterburban, May 26, 2010.

1. taterburban

taterburban New Member

Does anyone out there know if my Suburban is pre-wired for a trailer brake controller? and if so can you tell me where the plug is and how to install the controller. I have a 2000 4x4 2500 suburban with a 6.0 and 4.11 gears LT with a towing package. Any input would be greatly appreciated

2. mad1500hd

mad1500hd Rockstar 100 Posts

I have a 2000 1500 Burb with a Tekonsha electronic brake controller...mine came with tow package wiring kit...I had it installed at a local shop...

I did find others on eBay and Amazon that come prewired for your specific vehicle...

there is a junction box under the dash...really the top left of the floor board that it plugs into and will allow the brake controller to work the electric trailer brakes when plugged into the back...

hope this helps and safe trailering....:great:

3. DTACA Burban

DTACA Burban Member

Same here, my 1500 '02 Burb has a 7 pin hookup at the bumper (factory) but came with a harness to hook up after market brake controller. All you need is that harness to wire up brake controller.