1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

2000 Z71 Stepside

Discussion in 'Photo & Video Gallery' started by egreg, May 18, 2009.

1. egreg

egreg Rockstar

Hello all! I've been trolling around here for about a week now, and I finally am getting around to posting. I am the very proud owner of a 2000 Z71 stepside extended cab shortbed with 165k on the odometer (still runs perfectly). I've done a few simple mods to him including a spray-on bed liner, tool box, 285 75 R16 BFG ATs, tinted front windows, and a full audio system (everything down to component speakers, 2 10" subwoofers under the back seat, 500w subwoofer amp, and new wires all around). I've dedicated this summer to fixing up all the damage that 165k miles, off roading, and city parking has done to my truck. This includes a new front valence and fogs that got torn off on the trail, new drivers side window regulator, a new washer fluid pump (old one is cracked and all the fluid leaks right out), and new side mirror glass on both sides (I go to school in the city they both got cracked from parking on the street). I am going to detail my engine and bay and clean up my underbody too. Hopefully by the end of the summer I will have the money saved up for a Volant CAI and a leveling kit. Eventually, I plan to install a Magnaflow high-flow catalytic converter and full dual exhaust (either Gibson or Magnaflow). When I bought the truck the parking brake was totally shot. I think it simply needs new shoes. Has anyone here replaced the shoes on their parking brake? If so, how hard was it to do and would you mind posting a little tutorial?

Here are two pictures from when I first bought the truck in 2005. Obviously quite a bit has changed and I will post new pictures as soon as we get a sunny day that I can clean it up and snap some photos. Let me know what you think!

Attached Files:

2. CarpenterGuy

CarpenterGuy Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

that looks great. i love blue stepsides.
  3. adampaul1964

adampaul1964 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome to the GMTC! I like the color! :lol:
  4. Pete95Sierra

Pete95Sierra Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

nice color and nice truck!!
  5. trimhalifax

trimhalifax Rockstar 100 Posts

Nice rig and welcome to the site
  6. Duncan_Z71

Duncan_Z71 Rockstar

Thats a good looking truck