1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

2000 Z71 Tahoe - Radiator Leak

Discussion in 'Chevy Tahoe Forum (GMC Yukon, Cadillac Escalade)' started by Wardi, May 7, 2009.

1. Wardi

Wardi New Member

Anybody need to replace one of these at about 100,000 miles? Starts to leak about a half cup every time I shut if off. Looks like a half day job for first timer. Dealer part is about $800. Anybody try one of those "Radiator Classic" jobs on e-bay for under $200? How bad can it be? They have a return policy. If it looks like crap I'll send it back? It doesn't seem that people fix these things like in the old days. Hard to believe the tanks on the side are plastic.
  2. truheel1

truheel1 New Member

salvage yard

Go to www.car-part.com that may help. I found radiator for my S10 w less than 40K on the unit. It works great and paid on $45.00 for radiator...... Should be able to find something for 100.00 -125.00 in California....
    Last edited: May 12, 2009
  3. Dr_Zero

Dr_Zero Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

I got a radiator from Radiator Classic you can read all about it here

http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18791

Suggestion though when you are looking cross reference what other years and models use the same radiator when I went to order it was cheaper to buy the Ebay listing for the Suburban vs the Yukon for the same radiator LOL