1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

For Sale 2001 5.3 Vortec Engine

Discussion in 'Engines Classifieds' started by InfamousKG, Oct 21, 2011.

1. InfamousKG

InfamousKG New Member

I have a 5.3 Vortec engine out of a 2001 Silverado 1500. It is a complete engine minus the harnesses and 3 coils, everything else is there. Heres a run-down on the engine....there is a local gas station that accidentally put diesel in with their gas pumps. This engine unfortunately had this gas/diesel mix run through it. The guy that owned the truck decided to just replace the engine completely after this one just stopped running. He said there were no knocks, no chatter, just stopped running. It was towed to the dealership I work at and a friend of mine acquired it because he is the one that did the swap for him. I bought the engine from him. Other than what is stated here.....I don't know anything else about it. I was told that all it needs is a set of rings, bearings, and a fuel system treatment and it should be good to go. I would like to trade it for anything of equal value or just sell it out right. All REASONABLE offers will be considered. Don't want to ship it out, I want a local pick up if possible. I can send pictures on request.
  2. devilsalmostfree

devilsalmostfree Rockstar 100 Posts

pm sent, waiting for response!