Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

2001 burb subwoofer upgrade??

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by 99monguse, Jan 25, 2011.

1. 99monguse

99monguse Rockstar

I was thinking about adding a subwoofer to my burb. There is the factory 8" subwoofer but its really weak. Has anyone swapped the original sub for a good one? If you have, what did you do? Can the 8" be swapped for a 10"?

2. emower

emower New Member

You could put any brand sub in place of the factory one. However, in order to acheive your expectations of what a sub can really do, it must be in a heavy box, apropreate air space, and a high powered amp. You'll also probably have to upgrade the head unit so you can send the signals to the amp, along with wiring and not to mention that new big sub box will take up a bunch of room from your cargo space.
    Long an short, the factory system is fine for normal listening, however if you require rock concert sound levels, expect to spend a few grand on new equipment.

3. 99monguse

99monguse Rockstar

I will pull out the factory subwoof and measure it because it's actually an encloser, not just a speaker. I think there might be enough room in that area to build an encloser and keep the subwoof in the same spot, thus not losing any floor space. I was wondering if anyone here had done such a thing yet.