1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

2001 Chevy 1500 Keyless entry

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by Ryan J M, Jul 8, 2013.

1. Ryan J M

Ryan J M New Member

OK, I have keyless entry problem. I bought my truck with out remotes. I bought a new remote, but I can't get it to program. I can get the truck into the program mode but not take the remote?Any suggestions? Oh, bought my remote from keylessremotes.com i think.

2. redvett

redvett Member

If you do not have "AUO" on your RPO list you do not have remote lock capability.

3. McClintoc

McClintoc ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ Staff Member 2 Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

1) Make sure your truck has keyless remote capability.

2) Make sure the new remote has a fresh battery.

3) This is all assuming you purchased the correct remote for your model year. Not every GM remote works with every model year.

Other than those three things, if you can get the truck into re-learn mode, then I'm not sure what else to do.

4. Ryan J M

Ryan J M New Member

It does AUO on the list. It has every option for that year. I will try to buy another remote. I thought I filled out the form right, who knows. Thanks Y'all

5. McClintoc

McClintoc ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ Staff Member 2 Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Before you buy another one, are you sure you bought the wrong one? For a 2001, it should look like this:

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/416BaHjxYxL._SX300_.jpg

6. Parkrat

Parkrat Member

Same problem, i got my truck with no remotes, there are two types for a 2001, you need the number off the original to get the right one or find a store that knows what their doing.