1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

2001 chevy silverado 2500 6.0l insterment cluster issues

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by steverocks6, Sep 13, 2011.

1. steverocks6

steverocks6 Member

ok im still stuck on this issue and need help, im not sure what is wrong with my cluster, i randomly loose power to the gauges but its not all gauges, i loose my speed, rpm's, fuel, but my oil pressure, temp gauge, and batery gauge still works, my gauge lights still work, and my blinker indicators still work. when my gauges stop working my truck will not shift, i loose overdrive and basicly its so random i have no clue how to pinpoint a issue, please someone help i cant afford to send to shop and i cant afford new cluster
  2. 96wiring

96wiring New Member

Try wiggling the key or moving the steering wheel tilt. I know on my year Silverado if the gauges stop working and the tranny gets stuck it 3rd gear that means the ignition switch is bad. I replaced mine and the part was $45 on ebay. Not too bad to replace if you pull the steering column. Look on you tube and you will see how to do it.
  3. steverocks6

steverocks6 Member

wiggling key does nothing, sometimes i can get them to come back on if i smash the tilt up hard, but its not like it will regain power every time i do this, also i was wondering how i can pinpoint my issue, forinstance anyone know where to get wire diagram?
  4. 96wiring

96wiring New Member