2001 Chevy Silverado 5.3L Prestone Flush n Fill

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by sje0123, Apr 18, 2010.

1. aloxdaddy99

aloxdaddy99 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

[MENTION=21316]stev[/MENTION]e we have been getting a bunch of new members so I am sure a bunch of old stuff will resurface.

2. Jason Beck

Jason Beck Member

On my 2001 Silverado, the heater puts out only warm air. The drivers' side hose gets very hot and the passenger side hose gets hot but not nearly as hot. I am looking at my blend door actuator aka temperature control valve actuator?? I watched it the other day with a mirror and it seems to wobble so I am wondering if it's worn out. I hate to change out a good part but I need to start somewhere.
    My truck does not run that warm either. It runs about 193 degs per the gauge. It's a full like below 200 degs and even a little below that. I can't really see that slight difference in temperature causing such a difference in the temperature of the heat coming out. I mean, really, is 7 degs hotter water going to make that big a difference in air temp??
    I'm hoping changing the actuator solves my problem and if not, then I'm going to flush the core. But I do wonder about a complete coolant flush. Seems it would be wiser to just flush the whole darn system and not just put dirt back into the core. Truck has 211,000 miles on it and I've no idea if it's ever been done or not.