1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

2001 Chevy Tahoe, Passenger side cold.

Discussion in 'Chevy Tahoe Forum (GMC Yukon, Cadillac Escalade)' started by takota38, Jan 16, 2012.

1. takota38

takota38 New Member

I have a 2001 Tahoe that I just purchased a few weeks ago. I have more cold air coming in than hot air on the passenger side in the front. There must be some type of air leak. I had the same issue in my 2001, 2500 HD Silverado but could never seem to get the dealership to fix it or give me any assistance on what I could do to fix the problem.

Has anyone else had this issue and if so is there a way to fix it?

James
  2. rileyjr16

rileyjr16 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

My uncle has the same deal on his 05 Silverado. He'd have to throw it in neutral going down the road, kill it and restart then it would fix it for about 30 minutes. I forgot what he said was the deal but I'll find out.
  3. takota38

takota38 New Member

thanks!

I think its in the intake to the duct work. Something must not be sealed.

James
  4. AA1PR

AA1PR Member

my battery died one day a few weeks ago listening to the radio & I had the exact opposite too much heat from the drivers side with the AC on

I disconnected the battery for a minute or so & then reset everythign & was good to go.

somehow when it lost power the actuator locks up, from what I learned its a common problem, unless the vent actuator is shot