Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

2001 GMC 6.0L Rough Idle and Almost closed throttle Miss No Codes

Discussion in 'GM Powertrain' started by Mr Wizard, Jul 24, 2010.

1. Mr Wizard

Mr Wizard New Member

I just purchased a 2001 GMC 2500 hd with only 20,000 miles on it. Looks and drives just like a new truck. At idle it seems to run smooth and then stumble abit, Then it returns moments later??? How it corrects itself is a mystery. Also after the truck shifts out and low rpm only slight throttle it seems to have an engine miss more like a lean stumbling feeling. All other positions runs great! I have replaced the gas filter, air filter, spark plugs, wires and cleaned the mass airflow sensor. No difference???? Also no codes?? Any ideas would be very much appreciated. Thanks!!

2. L0sts0ul

L0sts0ul Rockstar 100 Posts

seafoam, tune up then see what happens

3. Mr Wizard

Mr Wizard New Member

Tune up did not change a thing..... How does seafoam work? Any other ideas??

4. L0sts0ul

L0sts0ul Rockstar 100 Posts

5. murdog94

murdog94 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Pull the IAC (idle air control valve) out of the Throttle body and clean it out and the pathway for it out. Sounds like a classical symptom of gummed a up IAC.
    I also would for sure do a seafoam treatment. But when you put it into the motor let it sit for an hour or so (they reccomend 15min or something) after you have done that take it for a drive and you should have all the carbon blown out of hte top end of the motor.