1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

2001 gmc sierra hard start fuel check valve question

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by 01sierraslt, Nov 25, 2012.

1. 01sierraslt

01sierraslt New Member

I recently bought a 2001 gmc 5.3 ext cab 2wd. I bought it with the ol hard start problem. It takes 3 or 4 cranks before it starts. I eliminted the fuel pressure regulator as a problem,& read online that it could be the check valve in the fuel line allowing the fuel in the line to drain into the tank when the truck is off. My question is can I buy a check valve by itself? or do I need to buy a fuel pump assembly? I can't seem to find a fuel check valve by itelf,& I read in one thread that I need to buy the whole fuel pump assembly to get the check valve and eliminate this problem. Any help is appriciated.

Thanks,
    :happy:
  2. Big_Mike

Big_Mike Member 100 Posts

One question to ask: Have you checked any/only aftermarket automotive parts stores? A person could give their local dealership a call. I know some people aren't fans of "stealerships," but at times a person has no choice but to go to a dealer. Hopefully someone there could steer you in the right direction.