Newest Gallery Photos

1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

2001 GMC Yukon XL - Brake Issues and Idle problem when wet

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by aljoy1, Aug 14, 2010.

1. aljoy1

aljoy1 New Member

This truck has been great so far 120,000 miles - other than excessive rust underneath. I had my Brake / ABS lights on and saw a recall for cleaning the ABS wheel sensors so I brought it to a local dealer. They said the problem was not with the sensors but instead the control unit - the $800 - $1000 control unit. While checking that they looked at another problem I had with the car idling rough for 5 minutes or so in the morning after sitting or rain. They could not find anything - recently tuned up. And finally, they test drove the truck yesterday and told me the brake line broke so that needs to be addressed fopr $1600.

I am getting the truck towed out of there so I can address the brake lines - question I have is whether playing around with the brake control module could affect the brake lines? Do the lines go around 120,000 miles?

Any ideas on what else could be causing the Brake / ABS lights and stutter when braking at low speeds?

And finally the rough idle when humid / wet until the engine burns off the moisture? plugs on the PCM? ground wires on the plugs? MAF? sensors?

Thank you