1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

2001 S-10 Diagnostic Results (Need help with understanding this)

Discussion in 'GM Powertrain' started by TRPLXL2, Jul 13, 2009.

Newest Gallery Photos

1. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

I spent a good amount of time today going through a diagnosis for my S-10, I have all of these read outs but i have no idea what it all means. :neutral: I used my Auto X-Ray 6000 on it as I have in the past and it has been 99.9% correct each time I have had issues, I ran a Capture mode, a readiness test, and a o2 sensor test. I am currently trying to decipher all of the normal operational values for my truck, but it is a very tedious process. Simple question, does ANY of this seem abnormal to you????

THERE WERE NO PENDING OR ACTIVE DTC'S IN THE SYSTEM AND NO LIGHT ON THE DASH, THIS IS A GHOST IN THE MAKING I HAVE A FEELING.

CAPTURE MODE >>>>>>>>>T<<<<<<<<<

Fuel System 1-closed loop
    Fuel System 2- closed loop
    Load Value-11.7%
    Coolant Temp-197 degrees
    Short term fuel trim 1------- 6.3%
    Long term fuel trim 1--------1.6%
    short term fuel trim 2-------0.8%
    Long term fuel trim 2-------negative 1.6%
    Map sensor-------- 10in.hg
    Engine RPM---------2,701
    Vehicle Speed--------0 mph, idle into reving in Park
    Ignition Timing Advance-37.0 degrees
    Intake Air Temp- 86 degrees
    Air Flow Rate-1.65 lb/min
    Throttle position- 7%
    2nd air status
    Atmosphere/ off

o2 sensor 1
    Bank 1- 0.835 v
    Short term fuel trim 1- negative 3%

o2 Sensor 2
    Bank 1- 0.795

READINESS TEST>>>>>>>>>>>T<<<<<<<<<

MIL Status OFF

OXYGEN SENSOR TEST>>>>>>>>>T<<<<<<<<

Oxygen Sensor 1
    Rich-Lean thrshd
    0.500v
    Lean-Rich thrshd
    0.500v
    Low Volt switch time
    0.200v
    High volt switch time
    0.600v

Oxygen Sensor 2
    Oxygen Sensor not ready or oxygen sensor data not available.

Oxygen Sensor 3
    Rich-Lean thrshd
    0.500v
    Lean-Rich thrshd
    0.500v
    Low volt switch time
    0.200v
    High volt switch time
    0.600v

2. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Additional Test Results

The second part of my dilemma is this, currently my truck tags have expired and I will have to get a 30 day tag to drive it. It has not been emissions checked yet which is where the problem lies, I have a severe exhaust leak somewhere on the truck. It smells like rotten eggs once it gets warmed up, and you can also hear the air leak loud and clear. These following results are shown as pass or fail, I am not going to put them all up because there are about 100! I don't know how the hell to read these, and they don't tell you anything in the user's manual. Does anyone know how to read these other than PASS or FAIL, the 4 numbers I thought were pending DTC's but they match up with nothing I have for trouble codes for this truck.

OBDMID $71 Pass
    TestID $03
    8000 >= 0000
    8000 <= 8000

OBDMID $60 Pass
    TestID $0C
    8000 >= 0000
    80000 <= 80AB

OBDMID $28 Fail
    TestID $F9
    419E not>= 9D6B
    419E <= 8F2E
    Description not specified

OBDMID $50 Fail
    TestID $52
    0121 not >= 8ADF
    0121 <= 725B
    Description not specified

I am completely clueless with these results, I was assuming it was for the emissions part of the vehicle but I don't know because it shows no descriptions. I am going to take the truck to a shop to have it fixed, this is over my head admittedly but just looking for some educated guesses. Thanks guys! :glasses:

P.S. I am going to get a complete new exhaust for it anyways, I am having everything torn off and replaced with headers and some stainless exhaust. The salt up here eats aluminized pipe for dinner! :lol: