2001 Silverado 1500 Brake Problem

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by scalexander, Mar 28, 2010.

1. scalexander

scalexander New Member

I have a 2001 Silverado 1500, sometimes while driving the brakes semm to stutter and skip, when i had new tires put on i looked over my brakes and everything looked new. Can anyone help me??

2. pmf608

pmf608 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

this sounds like it could be an ABS problem. We would need more information to give you a more accurate guess at what it is though. If it happens at low speeds, or as you are approaching a stop, it is your anti-lock brakes, which are known on these trucks to engage for no reason while braking at low speeds, making it difficult to stop. In this case, if I am not mistaken, the cause would usually be the front wheel speed sensors.

3. scalexander

scalexander New Member

Additional Info

Yes it seems to happen more at low speeds around town, than coming to a stop from highway speeds it is a 2001 chevy silverado 1500 4x4 with a 5.3 . let me know if you need anymore info.
    Thank You

4. pmf608

pmf608 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

The only way I could upload a copy of the service bulletin for what I think the problem is was to save it as images and host on photobucket (pdf file was too big to upload here). I have included these pictures in this post so you can see if this bulletin covers your problem.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. scalexander

scalexander New Member

brakes

Was this a recall problem?