1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

2001 silverado 4.3l ext cab 2wd

Discussion in 'Photo & Video Gallery' started by darkness-lies-, Jan 18, 2012.

1. darkness-lies-

darkness-lies- New Member

What do yall think? and give me some ideas for some mods please!!!
    chevy ,.jpg Chevy..jpg chevy;.jpg in chevy.jpg light flaps.jpg look all you want.jpg tips,.jpg
  2. darkness-lies-

3. AnimalYates

AnimalYates New Member

Nice truck man! Those tips are definitely unique and your exhaust sounds awesome. I'd say rims would be a nice mod to really make your truck stand out!
  4. darkness-lies-

If i do rims ill have to find some where to go completly custom because i would like to keep the chevy bow tie on them.
  5. mfleetwood

mfleetwood New Member 1000 Posts

Hi Darkeness...nice lookin' ride! Do you have any goals/ideas of where you want your ride to end up (i.e. lifted, lowered, more power, interior, utility, color-matching, etc.). If you could point us in the direction you want to go, there are a lot of opinions out here that will help get you there.

However, some general things you may want to consider could be: spray in bedliner, CAI (especially since you already have the exhaust), programmer, nerf or side step bars.
  6. darkness-lies-

What is color-matching? I have some w2w nerf bars picked out. been looking at CAI, head lights, mega third brake light, back up camera, and remote start. Been reading about programers.
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2012
  7. mfleetwood

mfleetwood New Member 1000 Posts

Color-matching is matching your trim color (i.e door handles) to your paint color. Check out 99'heartbeat's ride, as I think he has done a great job in so many areas with his ride that you can grab a ton of ideas from him in addition to the color-matching.

RE: the back-up camera. If you don't have a stereo receiver that has back up camera capabilities and you were thinking about getting a new deck, you might want to consider getting a deck with the camera function. You'd kill two mods with one stone and save yourself from either having to mount another video screen or it being one of the smaller screens contained in your review mirror.

Keep us posted, as I think we all enjoy watching someone's ride evolve over time. It's GREAT stuff!!
  8. darkness-lies-

Yes i would like to color match. And great advise on the camera and deck. I will post pics with every new mod. but i have to get new tires next. Looking at general grabber at2 265/75/16