1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

2001 Silverado Body control module

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by park7163, Sep 22, 2009.

1. park7163

park7163 New Member

I have a 2001 Chevy 1500 Silverado 4X4.I had the trans overhauled ,test drove and everything was fine,then all of a sudden I lost all function in the dash cluster.The trans works fine and I had the truck scanned and the trans function to the computer is fine.My garage has washed their hands of the problem.

From talking to people they say that sometimes in removing the trans the body control module plug can come loose and my question is where is the module located. If possible any pictures would be great.

Thanks in advance for the help.
  2. Jimmiee

Jimmiee New Member 1000 Posts

The BCM is located on lower left side of dash below the steering column.
  3. pmf608

pmf608 Active Member 1000 Posts

is it just your gauge cluster, or are you having problems with other parts that would be controlled through the BCM?

If it is your gauges AND radio, check the radio fuse inside the driver door. both of these are under that fuse.

If not, then continue to check the BCM
    hope this helps
  4. park7163

park7163 New Member

I checked the BCM and it is ok.Everything other than the dash cluster is fully functional.As I said I had the trans overhauled ,and after it was completed I went with the tech for a test drive and everthing was good.I paid him and about 5 or ten minutes later as I was driving I noticed that the cluster failed.The trans is still working excellent and when I went back to the trans shop the only electrical thing that was replaced was the safety neutral switch and they installed a second one with no difference.I am just starting to wonder if the failure had anything to do with the trans.
  5. unplugged

unplugged New Member 1000 Posts

6. pmf608

pmf608 Active Member 1000 Posts

so your radio IS working? just making sure something as simple as my fuse suggestion is not the case.
  7. park7163

park7163 New Member

All the accessories,radio,headlights and even the lights in the cluster.The only thing that seems to be affected is the complete dash cluster.