Newest Gallery Photos

1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

2001 Suburban interior lights won't shut off - which module to replace?

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by BillBiag, Jun 10, 2013.

1. BillBiag

BillBiag New Member

Hi all,

Scanned through the forums for my problem and it sounds like other people have had it. I have a 2001 Suburban LS and my issue is the interior lights stay on and only turn off after the car has been off and the 20 minute accessory power-down kicks in. The dome override switch has no effect. I am pretty sure that the driver door switch is working (the door that gets 99% of the use) because the accessory power to the radio shuts off when I open the driver door. I did take off the battery ground for a minute to reset the system but the problem remains. Lights come on and stay on while I am driving. Is there anything else I can try? I saw someone mention the courtesy light module and/or a 30 second delay module...... Which is the bum part? Is it difficult to get to and replace? Where is it? Expected cost? Thanks alot for any assistance!
  2. BillBiag

BillBiag New Member

For those that may have the same symptom, the problem wound up being a bad BCM relay under the dash on the drivers side and a bad wire. Relay was $31. My shop found it. BCM was fine. If it was the BCM, cost would've been ~$200 for a rebuild BCM plus $75 to program it.
  3. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 2 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I would check your dimmer switch. It could have gone bad and is causing the light to stay on.