2001 tahoe blower motor dont alway work

Discussion in 'Chevy Tahoe Forum (GMC Yukon, Cadillac Escalade)' started by Enrouk, Dec 26, 2012.

1. Enrouk

Enrouk New Member

sometime my front blower motor dont work, i need to give a punch ont the top midle dashbord and they came back to life... any idea, do you know for a commun problem in this area...

2. RayVoy

RayVoy Well-Known Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

Usually most blower motor problems are in the area of the speed control module. The blower motor is usually accessible from the cab (but not on all GM trucks), under the dash, behind the glove-box. You may need a new speed control assembly, or the connector pig-tail, or both.

3. WorthFlorida

WorthFlorida Member 2 Years 100 Posts

You may already had it fixed by now if you need heat, but it is the blower motor. The commutator/brushes will wear down where it will stop in a dead spot. Banging the dash may just move the armature just enough to get it to spin. I had it happen on my 2002 Astro. Depending were it is located it is usually not to hard to change out yourself. While your there you might as well change the resistor pack for the three or four speed motor. I had them fail after a few years and usually only one speed (resistor opens) will not work. On my Astro the US made Deco/Remy part was replaced with a unit made in Yugoslavia and made about five times more robust.

4. bowaddict13

bowaddict13 Member

yup blower motor is going mine did it in my 95 tahoe same thing had to beat it to start it running again then just died on me