1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

2001 Tahoe Tranny Noise?

Discussion in 'Chevy Tahoe Forum (GMC Yukon, Cadillac Escalade)' started by Stef1982, May 22, 2006.

1. Stef1982

Stef1982 New Member

Hi, I'm new here, and my first topic of course is going to be something about my new truck. I JUST bought this Tahoe home friday night. We haven't signed the paperwork yet... tonight (Monday) is the night I WANT to sign it.
    First thing, the truck runs good. Bad thing, the Tranny is making a hard "clank" noise everytime it shifts to 2rd or to 3rd gear at 1500 RPM. And when it slows down, it does the same thing...

Is it something that could be easily fixed? What could it be? Does it need a new Transmission already?

2. Stef1982

Stef1982 New Member

Update, I just went threw reading a few topics. I read there where very similer problems. I ask the dealer to check either the Rear Diff., U Joints and the Rear Locker (I have never heard of that part before). I'll bring them up during my lunch break, and have them look into that. Hopfully this will be solved before I sign the paperwork. I really love this Tahoe :)

3. ChevyFan

ChevyFan November Beard Grower - Cancer Fighter Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Great. What's the configuration of it? 2001 with what engine and tranny type? How many miles?

4. ChevyFan

ChevyFan November Beard Grower - Cancer Fighter Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Let us know if you end up signing the paperwork for it. You can post a photo or two if you like.

5. Stef1982

Stef1982 New Member

Hey, I'm so sorry for not getting back to ya'll. I did sign the paperwork. The engine is a V8 5.3 ltr. I also got a 2 year warrenty, so if the trans goes, they pay for it..lol. BUT they said it's normal for a Tahoe that has thhe the time automatic 4X4. The tech said it's the way it is. The front drive tran is always spinning, so it does that sound because it's not in 4 wheel drive. My fience' who is a machanic says it doesn't sound like it should be the way it is.
    Once I get my parts in, I'll get updated pictures of it. I bought clear tail lights and a cool air intake for it already :D
    Picture from Dealership.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

EDIT: Forgot, it's got 79,000 miles on it.

6. Stef1982

Stef1982 New Member