1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

2002 1500hd silverado

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by gregory2giant, Feb 4, 2009.

1. gregory2giant

gregory2giant New Member

I was wondering if anyone can give me an idea on what kind of performance spark plugs and wires i could go with for my truck.
  2. 05azsilver

05azsilver New Member

Can't ever go wrong with some MSD wires, and some quality Iridium plugs.
  3. gregory2giant

gregory2giant New Member

Ok thanks i was wondering after i do the spark plugs and the wires if you would recommend the MSD coil packs also
  4. 05azsilver

05azsilver New Member

Hell, if youe've got the money man, I would definitely go that route.:great:
  5. tlperry68

tlperry68 New Member 1000 Posts

Yeah, MSD rocks. When it comes down to plugs most performance plugs are about the same.
  6. mjalstad

mjalstad New Member

Get some AC Delco replacement plugs. They are Iridium. Performance wires aren't going to do anything unless you have a highly upgraded ignition system. People always think putting on bigger wires is going to give them a ton of HP but all you're going to do is make your engine bay a little prettier. Save the money and spend it on a real performance upgrade.
  7. gregory2giant

gregory2giant New Member

thanks for the help. I plan on going with the MSD 8.5mm wires and the ACDelco plugs