1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

2002 ABS and Brake Questions

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by xwt572, Jul 13, 2013.

Random Gallery Photos

1. xwt572

xwt572 New Member

Hello all, a new Yukon XL 4x4 owner from Sweden here.
    It´s a 2002 storm grey metallic with leather interior.
    It had only one owner (according to carfax) in NY for the 4 years it was in the States.
    Here in Sweden it has had 5 plus one dealership (probably the one that imported it).
    112000 mls on it, and running very smooth, when idling I have to watch the rpm´s now and then to see if it actually runs.
    Only things for now are the missing foglights (switch is there), and the brake light on when driving (not flashing, no ABS light).
    Does the ABS light come on when you turn on the ignition?
    Mine doesn´t, so it could be a burnt bulb (if it´s a bulb/led?).
    Brakes work normal, and so does the parking brake (flashing brake light wich becomes steady when you release the parking brake).
    One came on another forum that it could be an ABS controller/block at the front axle that has a wire or connector that might be going out, I will have to check that, once I figure out where to look.

I´ll post some pics, once I figure out how to, it´s not the same on the other forum... or you check it out there.
  2. donyms

donyms Active Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Welcome to the club, it's great to have you aboard. :glasses:
  3. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Moderator 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Welcome to the Club!!!

I moved your thread here and changed the title to match your topic as this will help in getting your more responses and opinions. Unfortunately, I cannot help you as I do not know the answers to your questions.