1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

2002 chevy silverado stuck in 4 low

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by RaySwayz, Aug 19, 2012.

Random Gallery Photos

1. RaySwayz

RaySwayz New Member

hey whats up i have a 2002 chevy silverado stuck in 4 low, i can hear the transfer case shift and the buttons on dash work, the differential it out, but when i drive i can tell its in 4 low and shifts hard or doesnt shift at all just revs and after a minute of driving it will shift, also sometimes when driving down the road it will switch from 4low to 2 hi on dash switch and i hear a nasty grind but its still in 4 low. i shut off truck and turn it on and switch button to 4 high. i havent been driving it alot just down the street going 10- 15 mph.. this is my first truck so help if its better txt or call me 2103241781 thanks
  2. stevekarns

stevekarns New Member

I had my truck get stuck in 4 Hi. It was a speed sensor on the transmission that was disconnected some how. Perhaps your speed sensor is faulty?
  3. RaySwayz

RaySwayz New Member

How much is it to replace?
  4. RaySwayz

RaySwayz New Member

also my speed obdometer works so how can it be that? and no codes are popping up
  5. Conlan Rose

Conlan Rose Super Moderator 1000 Posts 100 Posts

They are two independent systems the speed sensor on the tranny determines when to shift there is a speed sensor attached to the front wheel that controls the speedometer. At least this is what I am told about my truck.