Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

2002 gmc sierra 1500 4.3L vin w

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by Steve_03904, Jan 6, 2010.

1. Steve_03904

Steve_03904 New Member

2 days ago I was driving my truck with no problem, stopped at a store and when I came out it started up but then stalled and wpould not start, had it towed home. Changed rotor & cap, as well as ignition coil. That was yesterday, today I checked fuel pressure and it is 30psi. My haynes book says it needs 60 - 66 psi Fuel pump?????

2. TritonBoulder47

TritonBoulder47 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

First off, check the simple and inexpensive part, the fuel filter...

When it wouldnt start, what sounds did it make...? Did it crank and not turn over, or did it do nothing...? This will also help in diagnosis... It might be an dead battery, or a fried starter and/or selenoid...

3. Steve_03904

Steve_03904 New Member

It turns over, replaced rotor, distributor cap, starting coil, no luck, poured gas into throttle body and started but when gas in the throttle body ran out it stalled again. checked fuel pressure and have 30psi, my haynes manual says it requires 60 - 66 psi. The fuel filter is on the frame rail and I have had to spray the nuts on the fuel lines with some penetrating oil as I have not been able to loosten them yet. going to try in a few minutes.

4. Steve_03904

Steve_03904 New Member

It's fixed

Changed the fuel pump and now it runs fine...
    :sign0173:

5. Stealth

Stealth Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

....Cheers!