2002 GMC Sonoma Steering Problem

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by littleboyblue, Jul 7, 2013.

1. littleboyblue

littleboyblue New Member

Hi, I have replaced the ball joints and control arm bushings on my 2002 GMC Sonoma 2WD ext. cab w/ZQ8 package and have noticed that my steering is off especially when I steering into curves.....it seems to pull in the opposite direction. Very awkward! I had 2 alignments which did not seem to correct the problem. Any suggestions regarding a fix?

2. donyms

donyms Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome to the club, it's great to have you aboard. Not sure about your front end problem but I am sure someone will be along soon to help you. :glasses:

3. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Have both alignments been performed at the same shop? did you make the shop aware of the issue you are having before they aligned it? I have seen bad swaybar links cause some weird issues, but I have a hard time picturing what you mean by "pulls the opposite direction". Does it pull into the corner? out of the corner?

4. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

I moved your thread to the correct section of our forum as this will get you more responses/opinions. Sorry, I cannot help either.

Good luck and Welcome to the Club!!!