1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

2002 GMC Sonoma will not start

Discussion in 'Chevy S10 Forum (GMC Sonoma)' started by earlytime, Apr 17, 2013.

1. earlytime

earlytime New Member

Hi there my name is Mike I have a 2002 GMC Sonoma with a 2.2lt, 5sp. It just stopped running on Saturday, got it home and started checking things. It has spark, the injectors are firing, the fuel pump has 50lbs pressure and it won't start. I have tried ether and it still don't start. The motor will just turn over, but it sounds like a faint backfire in the exhaust. I checked the timing chain and it's not broke, tried another coil pack and still nothing, what I'm I missing????? This truck only has 78,000 miles, I've tried unplugging the MAP, TPS, O2, IAC, TEMP sensors and still nothing. Will be doing a Compression check tomorrow. Is there anything else you guy can think of or if any of you has had the same problem let me know. Thanks Mike
  2. ihor2004

ihor2004 New Member

Try checking your plug wire ends. Pull a plug and check the gap. Spark needs to be bright blue to run, yellow/orange spark won't lite. On the fuel side check for flow. Filter or pressure regulator may be plugged.
  3. 09mgray

09mgray Member 1 Year

Mine just got Fixed from same issue and it was the Ignition Control Module Very Cheap on ebay