1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

2002 Suburban is vibrating @ 65mph

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by jstiene, Sep 23, 2009.

1. jstiene

jstiene New Member

Hi ...I have a 2002 suburban with 198K miles. It recently has started to vibrate around 60-65mph. If I go 72-80, the vibration stops.. I am not a auto expert and don't want to get ripped off. Has anyone else encountered what might be cuasing this problem? Initially the truck all of a sudden started to vibrate regardless of speed, and they replaced the u-joints. That fixed the continuous vibration problem, but left me with the 60-65mph issue...any suggestions?

thanks!
  2. Mean_Green_95

Mean_Green_95 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

easy diagnostic, get your wheels rotated and balance, or just balanced if they are ready to be rotated again. My Sierra was vibrating horribly from 65-75. I balanced the wheels myself at my shop, and the vibration went away.
  3. vncj96

vncj96 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

^x2 out of balance wheels/tires, Warped rotors can also cause some vibration, even when not applying the brakes.
  4. seffieldvillage@aol.com

seffieldvillage@aol.com Rockstar 100 Posts

hi mean green 95 is right. blance the wheels.