1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

2002 Trailblazer Turn Signal Flasher

Discussion in 'Chevy Trailblazer Forum (GMC Envoy)' started by ChevyFan, Apr 5, 2009.

Random Gallery Photos

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

Looks like I lost a Turn Signal Flasher on my recent trip to Austin. It's rapid-fire blinking, I assume that's the flasher? If it is, it should be a pretty easy fix, haven't had to mess with any electrical on the Trailblazer except for a fuse here and there. I'm not even sure about the cost on one of these anymore and I hope it's not built into a module or something.

Anyone have this happen and offer some advice for when I get home to look at it?

Chevy SUV Parts
    Chevy Accessories
  2. Springthing

Springthing New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

You checked to make sure all the lights were working? That's the only cause of rapid-blinking I'm aware of besides something like a short - even then what normally happens is the relay for the blinker just gets stuck 'on'.
  3. Jimmiee

Jimmiee New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Zactly. A bulb usually causes the rapid blinking. The flasher is blinking fast because the load on the circuit is less than normal.
  4. ChevyFan

I checked the fuses and I'll check the bulbs. You're right, it does look like a bulb is out, I thought I just replaced all of these, guess I'll change it out and see.
  5. ChevyFan

I guess I must have just moved them around, so I replaced the offending bulb (had a spare) and the turn signal is working properly again! :great:
    New Chevy Parts