2002 Trailblazer Turn Signal Flasher

Discussion in 'Chevy Trailblazer Forum (GMC Envoy)' started by ChevyFan, Apr 5, 2009.

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan The Sheriff Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Looks like I lost a Turn Signal Flasher on my recent trip to Austin. It's rapid-fire blinking, I assume that's the flasher? If it is, it should be a pretty easy fix, haven't had to mess with any electrical on the Trailblazer except for a fuse here and there. I'm not even sure about the cost on one of these anymore and I hope it's not built into a module or something.

Anyone have this happen and offer some advice for when I get home to look at it?

Chevy SUV Parts
    Chevy Accessories

2. Springthing

Springthing Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

You checked to make sure all the lights were working? That's the only cause of rapid-blinking I'm aware of besides something like a short - even then what normally happens is the relay for the blinker just gets stuck 'on'.

3. Jimmiee

Jimmiee Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Zactly. A bulb usually causes the rapid blinking. The flasher is blinking fast because the load on the circuit is less than normal.

4. ChevyFan

I checked the fuses and I'll check the bulbs. You're right, it does look like a bulb is out, I thought I just replaced all of these, guess I'll change it out and see.

5. ChevyFan

I guess I must have just moved them around, so I replaced the offending bulb (had a spare) and the turn signal is working properly again! :great:
    New Chevy Parts