Newest Gallery Photos

1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Video 2002 Z71 burb center console/ no sound thru dvd player

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Gadget Tech' started by joshuaT, Mar 31, 2013.

1. joshuaT

joshuaT Member

So the PO installed an after market stereo and my dvd player works but no sound to the head phone jacks. I ordered a new one off ebay but it doesn't light up so I'm not sure if it's the problem. But the new stereo is a old crappy pioneer and I think they might have cut wires or not even hooked up.

Question is do you think I should buy the stock stereo and test it out or can I find an after market stereo that'll allow the rear to control the dvd player?
  2. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Ok lets get this right..

A you have a aftermarket radio in now?
    B you have a Factory Flipdown Screen with dvd player
    C you want the factory RSE system to work with your aftermarket radio?

Is this right?
  3. joshuaT

joshuaT Member

a. Yes after market installed by PO
    b. Yes I have the flip down dvd player.
    c. I want the end result of the center console to be able to hook up the head phones so the kids can use it. If I have to go back to factory radio I need one. None of my on star or xm works or even powers up. I hope the PO didn't cut and splice wires to make the new radio work. So reason there is a stupid switch on the dash, I don't think it turns on or off anything important but it does all the ipod to sound good and then allows the radio to sound good when I flip it. Has nothing to do with the dvd player from what i see.
  4. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

It sounds like the switch is for a RF Mod so the sound of the DVD can go through the radio on a Station like 88.7 try one of those odd ones on the lower band. Have you taken the radio out yet? Pac and Metra did make a Adp for SOME years GM trucks to use the RSE with a Aftermarket radio not sure on the years they work with. check www.metraonline.com
  5. joshuaT

joshuaT Member

I will be taking out the radio one of these nights or maybe even on Saturday. To my luck, I've not been able to find any radios that can control the system that are after market so it looks like I should get the original.