1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

2003 1500 hd wirth many problems need help

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by bisskits, Sep 14, 2008.

1. bisskits

bisskits New Member

I have a 03 hd that i recently purchased someone elses problems.:grrrrrr: To start off when i purchased the truck the oil pressure gauge and amp meter didn't work. Then weeks later my rpm gauge and and speedo start being skippy but work and my trans temp use to work great and now is also tacked out. This truck has me frustrated, 2 days ago was gonna go to work and won't turn over dead battery, and didn't have time to do it that mornig so after work i jump started the truck and looked down at the dash and its showing me reduced engine power and has little to no acclerator. This truck has me to the point of burning it to the the ground and going to buy a new one! But if any one knows what this may be i would greatly appreiate your help
  2. 95CTburb19

95CTburb19 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

sounds like something got screwed up and it went into a limp/safe mode maybe??
  3. thekingsphance

thekingsphance Rockstar

major electrical problem

Sounds like you have a major electrical problem. A wire bundle may have chaffed through or may have been melted through by contact with something that puts off alot of heat in your engine compartment and is grounding out. If you're an electrical system guru and you can troubleshoot wires with a common ohmeter you should be able to find where the ground is. I'd start out by inspecting all visible wiring and wirebundles in your engine compartment. look for chaffing and anywhere wires can come in contact with your engine or moving parts. Engine wiring have clamps and brackets for this very reason. Hope it works out for ya.