1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

2003 Chevy Silverado 2500HD Tranny Issue?

Discussion in 'GM Powertrain' started by Chevy2500HD, Aug 28, 2008.

1. Chevy2500HD

Chevy2500HD New Member

Okay, I have a tricky one for all of you, mainly because it is going to be very hard to describe to you (at least for me)....I bought a well used 2003 Chevy Silverado 2500HD. 85000 miles give or take a few. 6.0 Liter V8 of course. When I drive down the road, as I press the gas it sounds like the transmission is whining. No like a high pitched whine, but just like a sound like if you went "uhhhhhhhhhhhh" at a slightly higher pitch, and if I let off the gas it fades slightly. Then I was sitting at a mickey D's drive thru today right against the building waiting for a car to move and I could hear my truck it was make a very odd RrRrRrRrR sound Then It Clicked (although we were just sitting there) and did it again, and it repeated this process as long as I was sitting there. If the radio or AC isnt on, it is the most irritating sound ever and I would like to have it cured....Thanks for all Of your help....if you can..
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2008