1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

2003 Chevy Silverado Querky Electrical issues

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by curtiss11, Sep 14, 2011.

1. curtiss11

curtiss11 New Member

Hello all, I'm new to this forum, but have been reading through stuff for an hour now and have found some very interesting information. I own a 2003 Chevy Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab, 6.0l that I've had since it was new. Lately I've been experiencing some strange and random electrical issues. To start when I use the mist setting for the windshield wipers, the wipers stay on for 2-3-4 times before they stop wiping. When I have the wipers set on intermittent they do the same thing, they'll wipe 2-3-4 times before stopping. When I start the truck sometimes the bell stays on and won't shut off till I shut truck off and re start. Just today I noticed my low fuel light go on, and the bell didn't alert me, also when I leave my headlights on now there's no warning beep telling me so. Sometimes I can hear the cluster (dash speedo) making some noise with the truck is off and sitting. And as I've read here, if I let my truck sit for 5-6 days the batteries are dead when I go to start (and I've made sure nothing's left on inside). I am a firefighter and have radios and lighting equipment in the truck, thinking it may have been a draw from that equipment, I wired everything into a switch block so I can make sure everything is off through a separate switch box. I replaced both batteries in 2009 with Interstate's. I am pretty stumped right now and don't want to spend a ton of money at a dealer. I am a do-it-yourselfer and am hoping someone has some helpful info for me. I was wondering if I should replace the computer for the whole truck? I did have the cluster replaced as part of a recall years ago, but since the last recall I've never been back to the dealer. I ran some strange codes out of the truck this July, told me I needed a throttle body, thought it was strange so I cleared the codes and haven't had any issues since. I appreciate everyone's help in advance!

Cheers!!