2003 dic

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by zachh1020, Sep 27, 2009.

1. zachh1020

zachh1020 New Member 100 Posts

I did a search on here and didn't find much on this subject. Correct me if I'm wrong.

I have a 2003 Silverado.

Can the steering wheel be replaced with one that has the DIC and Radio buttons, and the DIC function?

I was not sure if the wiring harness or programing even would exist.

Thanks!
  2. zachh1020

zachh1020 New Member 100 Posts

Nothing? I can't find any info anywhere.
  3. s5belford

s5belford New Member 100 Posts

I would imagine it could be done but I have a feeling it would be so expensive it probably wouldn't be worth it...
  4. r6fireman1996

r6fireman1996 New Member

Hello, new to the site, first post actually. I have been searching for the same information. I have an 03 z71 (LS I believe). While shopping for this truck I test drove another 03 that had the steering wheel controls and DIC features and like that option. I know its common for dealers to run wires and sometimes modules for features and omit the switch based on the order sheet, so is that possible here? Could I replace the steering wheel with one that has those buttons and have it work? OR is there a kit available similar to the 07-10 trucks that is plug and play?

So far I'm really impressed with the site, glad I signed up. Have a good night. Thanks in advance.
    Chuck