1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

2003 dic

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by zachh1020, Sep 27, 2009.

1. zachh1020

zachh1020 New Member 100 Posts

I did a search on here and didn't find much on this subject. Correct me if I'm wrong.

I have a 2003 Silverado.

Can the steering wheel be replaced with one that has the DIC and Radio buttons, and the DIC function?

I was not sure if the wiring harness or programing even would exist.

Thanks!
  2. zachh1020

zachh1020 New Member 100 Posts

Nothing? I can't find any info anywhere.
  3. s5belford

s5belford New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I would imagine it could be done but I have a feeling it would be so expensive it probably wouldn't be worth it...
  4. r6fireman1996

r6fireman1996 New Member

Hello, new to the site, first post actually. I have been searching for the same information. I have an 03 z71 (LS I believe). While shopping for this truck I test drove another 03 that had the steering wheel controls and DIC features and like that option. I know its common for dealers to run wires and sometimes modules for features and omit the switch based on the order sheet, so is that possible here? Could I replace the steering wheel with one that has those buttons and have it work? OR is there a kit available similar to the 07-10 trucks that is plug and play?

So far I'm really impressed with the site, glad I signed up. Have a good night. Thanks in advance.
    Chuck