1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

2003 envoy xl heater core

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by malibured, Sep 30, 2011.

1. malibured

malibured New Member

What all is involved in replacing the heater core in this truck?
  2. Caddiac

Caddiac New Member 1000 Posts

I ran a search in this forum Chevy Trailblazer Forum (GMC Envoy). I found one post that did not offer much help. I searched on "heater core" but you can try a number of different key words and perhaps something will come up. It is tough learning your way around the site but you will get the hang of it. Good luck!
  3. murdog94

murdog94 New Member 1000 Posts

You will need to remove the dash, then the heater control assembly. then the heater core should come right out, and you slide in the new one and reverse all of this.. this is a simplified version. It will take 4-8 hours and alot of nuts bolts etc. If you take your time and have mechanical knowledge and the tools i would attempt it but if you havent done one before i would find a buddy that has or else sadly pay a shop since if you do one little thing wrong you can pop an airbag or even cut a wire for anything... Not trying to sound dramatic just trying to warn you
  4. malibured

malibured New Member

thanks Mike. I have changed heater cores on older model trucks, but not on one like this. I was told that the AC lines have to come apart also. That is not really a problem, just trying to see what all I might be getting into. Thanks again.