1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

2003 GMC Envoy AC Problems

Discussion in 'Chevy Trailblazer Forum (GMC Envoy)' started by broboy, May 24, 2012.

1. broboy

broboy New Member

I have a 03 gmc envoy and the ac blows cold on the driverside and hot on the passengerside. I disconnected the battery and when I connected it this problem occurred.
  2. donyms

donyms Active Member 1000 Posts

Welcome to the club man, I don't know what to tell you with your vent problem but I'm sure you will find the answer on here. Good to have you here. :glasses:
  3. sgtsjj

sgtsjj New Member 1000 Posts

welcome to the club and unfortunately like donyms i cant help you hopefully some one will come along that can
  4. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 Active Member 1000 Posts

sounds to me like the baffle that controls airflow some how get stuck between positions when you disconnected from the battery. not sure how you would go about fixing it......

try googling it.

Alex
  5. broboy

broboy New Member

Thanks to all of you. I will try the baffle. I found the actuator, but it's in a bad location.
  6. james103

james103 New Member

I have a 03 gmc envoy and the ac blows cold on the driverside and hot on the passengerside. I disconnected the battery and when I connected it this problem occurred.
  7. RayVoy

RayVoy Active Member 1000 Posts

Ok james, as suggested above, the problem is the passenger side temperature actuator. It either failed when the battery was reconnected, or it did not reset it'self.

I had an '05 Envoy and I had an actuator problem after I reconnected the battery. In my case, it did not reset. I was able to get it to reset by disconnecting/reconnecting the battery. I had to do it 3, or 4, times before it reset, I moved the (in your case temp control) to different places each time I tried.

You can dup the battery dis/re by pulling HVAC fuses, but I don't remember which one(s).

If the reset does not work, you must change the actuator.