GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

2003 Mirror Question

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by 2500HD, Nov 28, 2008.

1. 2500HD

2500HD New Member

I have the fancy mirrors on my 2003 2550HD that have the signals, heated, power fold, dim, and the light underneath. However the passenger side quit heating I took it to the dealer and they said the heating element went bad. They also said I could one of three things, first replace just the glass that has the heating element attached a just the part would cost $279, second replace the whole entire mirror for $379 or third do nothing. I couldn't see paying that much money just to get it to heat so I told them not to fix it. However it is a nice feature since my truck sits outside in the fine western PA winter. So i am wondering if any one knows where I can get the part that I need with out paying a ton of money. I would put this in myself so I would save the installation there. Any input or installation tips would be great thanks!
  2. dwill3015

dwill3015 New Member

I would check into an aftermarket complete mirror from an online parts store. The drivers mirror on my 2001 Suburban had broken glass and like $300 for dealer replacement and I found the whole mirror online for $45.
  3. tlperry68

tlperry68 New Member

I would try e bay. My neighbor is putting up my old mirrors (small heated no turn signal) today. All kinds of stuff on there.
  4. JMoney02

JMoney02 New Member

Partswarehouse.com, Partstrain.com, perform also Google search(your vehicle) will give a numerous amount of third party sellers for these mirrors. About 199.00 for your mirror with the turn signals. How about the local salvage yard, you pull it, I know its winter, but only Frosty melts right:rofl:!

Jeff