1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

2003 Savana 5.3 Vortec and tachometer

Discussion in 'Chevy Express Forum (GMC Savana)' started by grepfruit, Oct 24, 2010.

1. grepfruit

grepfruit New Member

Hello,
    I own 2003 GMC Savana AWD with 5.3L Vortec and I would like to hook up a tachometer so I could see the engine's RPMs.

The tachometer I bought suggests connecting to either ignition coil (which isn't viable for these engines) or the PCM. However, none of the wiring diagrams for the car (I tried diagrams from AllData and directly from GM) doesn't show which PIN from the control unit would provide the RPM signal.

Therefore I ask, has anyone any experience connecting tachometer to this car?

Thanks.

Best Regards,
    Libor Grafnetr
  2. jasonsjwou

jasonsjwou New Member

There is always ScanGauge II, which will display RPM, along with host of other information such as MPG using OBD-2 connection.