1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

2003 Silverado 2500 Electrical problem

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by nbturbo, Aug 3, 2010.

1. nbturbo

nbturbo New Member

I just purchased this truck and nothing on the passenger door works, i.e., mirror, electric window and door lock. They don't work from the controls on the driver door or on the passenger door. Is there a fuse or relay that controls that door? Seems weird that nothing works, so probably not a broken wire? Any ideas anyone?
  2. Greg84

Greg84 Rockstar 100 Posts

I'd pull the inner door panel off and look at the back side of the power window controls. All the door wiring is plugged in there, if nothing works it might just be as simple as an unplugged harness.
  3. Leverlution

Leverlution Rockstar

Was there any body work ever done to that side of the cab? Any minor differences in color, rough edges on the doors, tool marks on hinge bolts/obvious signs of rewelding the hinges?

I know it's a shot in the dark, but if that door was taken off for a body repair, the harness had to be unplugged. Its uncommon, and poor worksmanship, but mistakes happen. They might have put the harness back in the door, and forgot to hook up the components. They might have forgot to put the harness in the door period. Heck, I have even seen hack shops cut the wiring instead of unplugging the harness and snaking it out. They could have cut the harness in the door and never re attached it. There are too many things that could be going on there. I *think* most circuits on that truck are tied together.. ie. all door locks on a fuse, all windows on a fuse, all mirrors on a fuse etc. not just right side/left side. I would test the fuses real quick, but I would really be prepared to just take the door panel off and take a good peek around inside. Make sure everythings hooked up.