Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

2003 Silverado. 2wd. Help a girl out. :)

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by alabamabowtiegirl, Jan 22, 2014.

1. alabamabowtiegirl

alabamabowtiegirl New Member

Ok guys, so I have a 2003 Silverado that I absolutely love! And it's 2wd. It has become my project along with a '78 k10 but that's another issue for another time. I do 90% of the work on my trucks as none of my guy friends are any count for mechanics. So get a little grease under the nails from time to time. I need opinions on lifts. I'm only looking to lift about 2"-3" for practical uses. I haul a horse trailer all the time and hate how it makes my truck look when it's loaded down. Plus, I really want to have a pretty bad truck for a girl building it. What would your choice be on lifts, what you would do, etc? Any and all help is appreciated!
    22003_10201709868372628_610894008_n.jpg <--- This is the truck. :) (16" pro comp wheels. Love them!)

2. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I can't help you with 2wd lifts. Maybe [MENTION=36460]reggiecab2000[/MENTION] can help you out, he has a lifted 2wd and maybe able to tell you the do's and don'ts of lifting a 2wd. If you don't like the sagging in the rear with your trailer I would look into this http://www.activesuspension.com/
    it can still be used in conjunction with any lift you install.

3. j cat

j cat Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

keeping the OEM height and installing auto adjust air bags with a horse trailer is best IMO. with a load on the rear the air bags will level you out makes towing with what your needs are a better modification.

I have worked with female mechanics/technicians as long as the weight was not very heavy they did a better job than the guys..

4. adampaul1964

adampaul1964 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Leveling kit would be an option for a 2 to 3 inch lift, and adjustable bags to correct the squat when towing. Front lift on 2WDis usually a coil spring spacer or some 2WD have a torsion bar suspension which will require new keys. For the rear you can safely add a lift block since 2WD don't have blocks from the factory.I

5. reggiecab2000

reggiecab2000 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

sorry for chiming in so late.....

I would recommend doing a spindle lift, fabtech and cst makes them, they usually give you 3-4" of lift, and I have the fabtech one along with a leveling kit, and 3 inch blocks in the rear...

fabtech spindle: cast iron
    cst spindle: steel

if i could do it all over I would go with CST, and I would also add the CST upper control arms which add extra travel to your front suspension.
    both brands run under $1000.00 for the spindle kit with rear blocks, and the control arms are an additional ~$700.00 if you want them.

easy lift to do yourself....