1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

2003 Silverado Brake Problem

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by coppola7, Jan 10, 2011.

1. coppola7

coppola7 New Member

I have a 2003 silverado 2WD 99000 miles. The front brakes are not releasing, or are somehow building their own pressure. After driving about 5 miles the front brakes begin apply themselves heat up and smoke if I keep driving. I have tried minimal braking (lots of down shifting) but it still does it. When it first started I changed all calipers, pads rotors and rubber brake hoses. Initially it was all 4 brakes but after the complete brake job it now is happening just in the front, but worse! I recently pulled the ABS fuse which helped a little but did not solve the problem. Can you help me avoid more unnecessary repairs? Any ideas?
    Thank you.