Newest Gallery Photos

1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

2003 silverado, DIC and functions

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by JBrobeck, Oct 1, 2008.

1. JBrobeck

JBrobeck New Member

I just got a 2003 silverado LS, it does not have the steering wheel buttons, I've figured out by searching this site that I use the gas pedal to reset the oil life monitor, however I cannot figure out how to reset the hour meter, the only button I have is the one on the cluster, and it just toggles between odometer, trip, and hour meter.

Also, I was reading that in the NNBS chevs, you can simply add the switch/pannel and get access to the rest of the DIC functions. Any chance that this may work on the '03 by adding the steering wheel?

My owners manual list all these different features that are available through it, and I have no access to them without the steering wheel buttons, as a matter of fact I could not even find one bit of information in the manual that states that the truck would have a standard (no button) steering wheel, and not have access, it doesn't even address how to reset the oil monitor without those function buttons!

Thanks in advance for any information.

Josh
  2. gearjamminjake

gearjamminjake New Member

i think youjst push the dash button until the hours display and the hold it in and it resets.?