1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

2003 Silverado Extended Cab

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by ab2650, Jan 24, 2013.

1. ab2650

ab2650 New Member

Hello everyone. Glad to be a new member here. I bought a used '03 Silverado (5.3L Z71, LS, Extended Cab) with 105K miles on it. There are a number of things I have either fixed or still need to fix, so I'm sure I'll get some good information on the forums here. The "best" fix so far turned out to be a busted speedometer that the dealer quoted me $600 for a rebuilt cluster; Doing a little research I found that soldering in new stepper motors was cheap and I found a guy (on ebay) to do it for less than $50 (since I can't solder worth anything). I also replaced a leaky axle shaft seal, A/C belt, and parking brake switch and cable. Installed an aftermarket headunit with handsfree and harness that retains the door chime. Not bad for a truck that I've only had 2 weeks!

The two things vexing me now are a possible leaky door (the floor mats were soaked after a big rain), and troubles programming a second keyless entry remote. I'll head over to the right forums and see what I can find out.

So thanks for having me, forums!

-AB
  2. Curky

Curky New Member 1000 Posts

Welcome to the club. Glad to have you :great:
  3. donyms

donyms Active Member 1000 Posts

Welcome to the club, it's good to have you here.:glasses:
  4. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member 1000 Posts

Welcome! :great:
  5. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 1000 Posts

Welcome to GMTC! As far as you leak goes, I would take a look under the cowl where the windshield wipers mount. Pull the wipers and take out the screws holding the plastic grill down. Look for cracks in the "putty" that is used between the cab and front end.
  6. AMac

AMac New Member

Welcome to the club and good luck with your leak issue and nice job on saving money on fixing the speedometer.
  7. silverhobey

silverhobey Member

welcome aboard, you busy little beaver---i'm sure you will enjoy it here...Brian
  8. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 New Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts

Welcome to the site!!!

Once upon a time I bought a spare gauge cluster for my 05' Silverado, and I bought all the parts to do it but chickened out when I saw all the tiny little parts inside.......