1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

2003 Silverado pickup with bad rack noise.

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by cliffmarcum, Jan 12, 2010.

1. cliffmarcum

cliffmarcum New Member

Ok guys im new here and looking for help. I just put a rack on my 2003 Silverado truck and it went great it is the Northern Indusrial tools 800 lb capacity truck rack. the problem was when i took it for a test drive the noise was really really bad i couldn't even talk to my dad while whe was driving down the road we moved the front bar back as far as we could and its still pretty bad the wind seems to be hitting the bar and vibrating the roof of the truck you can feel it when you place you hand on the top of the cab. Does anyone know of anything we can buy or do to make this noise stop or at least calm down enough to where I can live with it. oh and it doesn't start till around 55MPH thanks for all your help.
    Clifford Marcum
  2. daddytech

daddytech New Member

if it's the ladder and equipment rack you are talking about that sits into the bed post holes and extends over the top of the cab, there are some bed corner inserts that are rubber that you can get for in those post holes. it steadies up and silences the rack too. don't know for sure if northern tool would have them or not but i'd check there and harbor freight if you have one in your area.