1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

2003 suburban will crank but not start

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by jwiowa, Sep 16, 2013.

1. jwiowa

jwiowa New Member

My 2003 will only crank.. Backstory... Wife locked the keys in it last night. She swears it locked on its own, happened a few weeks ago but the window was down. Had a tow company come unlock it. Alarm went off. I started it to get it to shut off. Then today will only crank. So I am assuming passlock but my security light is not on. I have done the 30 min reset multiple times.
    Any other ideas? Thanks
  2. Caddiac

Caddiac New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I am not as familiar with the 2003 model year but I will give it a shot. You say you started it to get the alarm to silence but today it will only crank. How long between these two events? Was the truck driven in between the events?
  3. jwiowa

jwiowa New Member

It was driven for about 5 mins after that then sat for the night until this am
  4. RayVoy

RayVoy Active Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

5. jwiowa

jwiowa New Member

I have done all the relearn stuff about 5 times. Also my security light is not on
  6. RayVoy

RayVoy Active Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Did you try a battery disconnect to reset everything?
  7. jwiowa

jwiowa New Member

Doing that right now. How long should I leave it disconnected?

- - - Updated - - -

Reconnected battery everything is reset, even radio. But same thing
  8. Jeepman

Jeepman New Member

I'm not overly familiar with the Suburban yet. Have you checked for spark and fuel?