1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

2003 Tahoe Alarm goes off for no reason

Discussion in 'Chevy Tahoe Forum (GMC Yukon, Cadillac Escalade)' started by bc0508, Aug 26, 2009.

1. bc0508

bc0508 New Member

My 2003 Tahoe alarm has went off the past 2 nights for not reason one time 2 30 am and next night 3 30 am. This is the first time this has happened I have owned it since new.

Does anyone know what could be causing it? Or how can I disable it. Its a factory alarm

The good old horn and lights going.
  2. vncj96

vncj96 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

First, welcome to the site!! Second, there are directions in the owners manual to reset or adjust how you want the alarm/keyless entry to work, I would start there, it could be something simple like the battery failing too, or faulty connection to the battery.
  3. bill190

bill190 Rockstar 100 Posts

I think your main sensors for the alarm are the light switches on the doors and rear hatch. Might try setting the alarm, then giggling each door and see if you can cause the alarm to go off.

Then if that did not work, what I would do is get a GM factory wiring diagram, then bypass sensors for the alarm one or two at a time and see if the problem stopped. Then reconnect one at a time and see which one caused the problem to return.

The wiring diagram would be in a GM Factory Service Manual set which you can order from helminc.com or a GM dealer.