1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

2003 Tahoe

Discussion in 'Chevy Tahoe Forum (GMC Yukon, Cadillac Escalade)' started by BigDog, Jan 2, 2008.

1. BigDog

BigDog New Member

I have a stock 2003 Tahoe and I want to put a set of the new Factory 2007 spoke wheels w/20" tires on it.
    Everybody that is selling tells me they bolt on,no problem - but would like opinions on wheel rub,mechanical or performance issues etc. ?
  2. finalday7

finalday7 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I changed out my stock sierra wheels 245/70/17 ( I think can't remember now :) ) to a factory size 20" Rim on 275/55/20 tires. There is no rubbing whatsoever but these tires are heavy. The total package weight was nearly 468 pounds. That's a whole lot more then the previous wheels and tires. The ride is just as smooth in my opinion and I went with an all terrain tire. Also performance suffers slightly but I lost nearly 2 MPG if you can believe it. I went from around 13.5-11.5. Yeah it sux. What's the main reason you want to go with the factory wheels. I picked up some aftermarket for $1498.00 Including waranty,shipping, mounting and balancing. :great:
  3. BigDog

BigDog New Member

finalday7

Thanks for the quick response - just what I wanted ,to hear from someone who did the swap. I am just going for a new look - but not sure if I want to give up any MPG.