2003 Trailblazer A/C blowing hot air

Discussion in 'Chevy Trailblazer Forum (GMC Envoy)' started by ryless01, Jul 27, 2010.

1. ryless01

ryless01 New Member

I have a 2003 Trailblazer LT. the Air condition works for a little bit and then starts to blow hot air. the Freon level is above the normal amount. any ideas on what could cause the problem? and would this cause my check engine light to go on?

2. murdog94

murdog94 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Welcome aboard. You would probably get a better response to your question posting it in the proper thread. but no it wont kick on you CEL, and there are a few procedures that you will need to do to check out what it is.. Though it is most likely the low pressure switch.

3. Megasaurus

Megasaurus Rockstar 100 Posts

There are some known issues with the Trailblazer a/c actuators. Are you having issues over the whole vehicle or just the rear HVAC (if you have rear HVAC)?

Sometimes after you get a new battery, the actuators will not reset themselves. Remove the HVAC fuses for 30 seconds and then replace them with the ignition OFF. The turn the ignition to RUN (do not start - and do not mess with the HVAC controls). You will hear a bunch of clicking for about a minute. Then see if the HVAC works properly again.

---------- Post added at 05:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:52 PM ----------

(I do agree that this thread should me moved to the Electrical and/or Trailblazer Forums)

4. Eddie Z71

Eddie Z71 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Hi, and welcome to the site! Glad to have you here! Hope someone can help you with your problem! Good luck!

5. jkmagee

jkmagee New Member

2007 Trailblazer LT A/C issues

i took my trailblazer to sears to get the oil changed and tires rotated, when i left and got back on the interstate my A/C did not work and im not sure if sears had anything to do with it or not. but i noticed when my wife tried to turn on the rear ac for our son it did not work either. i pulled over made sure she was hitting the correct button an se was but i noticed that the rear ac was flashing OFF everytime i pushed the button to ON. could this be why the entire A/C is not working. if so what causes it to do this and how can i fix it.

Thanks