2003 Trailblazer 'unknown driver' won't start & clicker not locking/unlocking either

Discussion in 'Chevy Trailblazer Forum (GMC Envoy)' started by lawright, Apr 27, 2007.

1. lawright

lawright New Member

I have a 2003 Trailblazer, this morning, when I tried to start it, the display says 'unknown driver' where it usually says 'driver 1' and it will not start. All of the dash displays come on as they normally do which leads me to believe the battery is good. I also noticed that my clicker will not lock or unlock it anymore. I am a female and do not know much about vehicles, so any help you can give me will be greatly appreciated!!!! Thanks in advance.

2. Cableguy

Cableguy Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Sounds like the FOB has lost its programming. Print off my instructions for reprogram. See what that does. Maybe pop by the store and grab new batteries for your FOB's first. Then do both FOB's at the same time. The FOB is your keyless entry remote...Good luck

http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/showpost.php?p=23630&postcount=1

3. ChevyFan

ChevyFan The Sheriff Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Sounds like the HAL-9000 doesn't like you this morning. :biggrin:

(I moved all of the Trailblazer posts to one forum, it should rebuild all of the posts at midnight tonight)

4. ChevyFan

Your best bet is to look at the diagnostic trouble codes. There are several things that can cause this problem to occur, including someone trying to break into the vehicle. Any evidence of this?

5. Cableguy

Cableguy Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Good point! You seem to be the expert in TB break in's! :frown:

6. ChevyFan

The Trailblazer uses PassLock system and a magnet is located inside the ignition cylinder that is part of that. When the key is rotated that magnent triggers a Hall effect sensor that enables the body computer to read the voltage across the tamper resistor.

If an intruder attempts to force the ignition cylinder then the tamper resistor is designed to be destroyed and not functioning.