2004 2500HD gas keyless remote

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by SamHamm, Mar 6, 2013.

1. SamHamm

SamHamm New Member

I just picked up a 2004 silverado. It is a 2500hd 6.0 truck and did not come with the keyless entry remote so I ordered one off line. I have tried a hundred times to get it to program and cannot get it to. Everytime I turn the ignition with the unlock held the doors cycle and the horn beeps, which doesnt happen in all of the videos. Did my truck come with keyless entry? Is there anyway to tell? Thanks in advanced!!

2. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Welcome to the Site....:glasses:

To find out if your 04" Silverado came with the Remote Keyless Entry feature......is to look inside your Glove Box, and there you'll see a White Sticker, which is the Service Parts I.D. Tag, and on it you'll see the Trucks Vin # Number and a Series of Letter's and Number's, those are RPO Codes, and the RPO Code for the REMOTE KEYLESS ENTRY is... AU0

Last edited: Mar 6, 2013
  3. SamHamm

SamHamm New Member

The problem is someone has taken that sticker off so I really dont know anything. I have been trying to find the interior color and exact exterior color but its hard just by looking at pictures. What would be my next best bet?

4. j cat

j cat Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

if that sticker is missing I would have a check on the vehicle history. could be salvage vehicle or worse.

the dealership can get this rpo list. have them pull a VIS using the vin # of the vehicle.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2013
  5. redvett

redvett Member