2004 chevy 4.3 to v8 engine swap help

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by btrent5, Jul 3, 2009.

1. btrent5

btrent5 New Member

i was thinking about swaping my 4.3 engine in my 2004 chevy single cab for a v8 of some kind... or would it be easier to just drop in some engine mods like a cam some headers electric fans and stuff would that be better and cheaper then the engine swap...i was wondering if it would just be cheaper to not worry about this and get a new truck with a v8 or about the same money to just go ahead and do the swap... i am not too sure if the wiring harnesses of the 4.3 that are in my truck now would match up to the v8 harness... any help is appreciated

2. 95CTburb19

95CTburb19 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

3. 2ToNe04

2ToNe04 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

no 350.....

6.0 liter :)

4. larryleeUSN

larryleeUSN Rockstar 100 Posts

DITTO that on th 6.0. :) ... look up painless. they have alot of wireharness and if they dont have what you need they can make one special. look it up or give em a call. but id go with the 6.0. good luck id like to see pics of the progress. good luck.

5. 2ToNe04

btrent what did you decide doing?

I found some good links if you still want to do the swap.

6. btrent5

btrent5 New Member

i am keeping my options open i have 2 years left of college and if i do the swap it will be this christmas or next summer i found some sites with harnesses and other things i will need before any definite decisions... i have talked to a few people and they said the swap isnt too diffucult so we will see

7. 2ToNe04

you do know how 6.0 liter looks like right?

and how you could tell if its a 6.0?

:)

very confusing if you dont know.