1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

2004 colorado 4x4 issue

Discussion in 'Chevy Colorado Forum (GMC Canyon)' started by jrmco1, Aug 11, 2009.

1. jrmco1

jrmco1 New Member

when you push the 4x4 button the light will flash and return to 2-wheel drive, anyone have any idea what I should look for ? thanks
  2. Boxman7481

Boxman7481 New Member

Going into 4 low you have to be moving up to 5 mph. I've moved into and out of 4 hi up to 40mph with no problems.

Try doing it while moving 10-20 mph.
  3. avery22

avery22 New Member

i dont have that problem but i do have to replace encoder motor for the 4wd to work now. servie 4wd light on and thats what the chevy dealer said any one know how to replace encoder motor on a 04 colorado and some kind o transfer case gasket. will it need to be programmed or is it just bolts , plug, and play proceedure. thanks a bunch for anybody that can help me. New member from lex, sc.